- 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt, divided
- 1 1/2teaspoonsground black pepper, divided
- 1lbstew meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5carrots, sliced
- 4stalkscelery, sliced
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 8cupsbeef broth
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspoonoregano leaves
- 1teaspoonthyme leaves
- 3/4cuppearl barley
- 1 (8 ounce)packagemushrooms, sliced
- 1red bell pepper, sliced
- In a zip lock plastic bag combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Add small amounts of meat and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large pot with lid.
- Add meat, stir and cook until browned.
- Add the rest of the salt and pepper, carrots, celery, onion, beef broth, seasonings and barley.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »