- 2lbsred snapper or mullet fish(or other firm-fleshed fish)
- garlic salt
- 1 1/2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- lemon pepper
- 2tablespoonsshallots, minced
- 3/4cupmushrooms, chopped
- 2tablespoonsparsley, chopped
- Make 3 diagonal cuts, about an inch apart on each side of the fish, in the thickest part.
- Sprinkle inside of fish with garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- In 1 tblsp of the butter, gently fry shallots and mushrooms until softened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Spoon mixture into cavity of fish and add 2 or 3 slices of lemon.
- Secure opening with small skewers.
- Lightly butter a piece of heavy foil large enough to enclose the fish.
- Put fish in centre and squeeze over juice from the rest of the lemon.
- Bring edges of foil up and fold loosely over fish, enclosing it completely.
- BBQ until fish is tender and flakes when tested with a fork 30-40 minutes.
- Note: This can also be done in the oven at 350F, for 40 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »