- 1lbcream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2cupconfectioners’ sugar
- 2medium ripebananas, peeled
- 10flour tortillas(7 inches in diameter)
- 2 1/2cupscaramel sauce, warm,recipe follows
- whipped cream(optional, for serving)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and bananas, continue to beat until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the filling over half of each tortilla.
- Fold the other half over the filling and press slightly.
- Place on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until the filling sets, about 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Pan-fry the tortillas in batches, 3 at a time, until golden on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining butter and filled tortillas.
- To serve, slice each filled tortilla into thirds.
- Arrange the slices in the center of each serving plate.
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of the warm caramel sauce over each plate.
- Peel the bananas and slice 1/4-inch thick.
- Garnish each plate with the sliced bananas and whipped cream, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »