- 2 1/2cupswhite sugar
- 1cupbutter, softened
- 3cups mashed ripebananas
- 1cupwhole milk
- 2teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 1teaspoonbanana extract
- 5cupsall-purpose flour
- 4teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 2cups choppedwalnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 4 loaf pans, 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inches or 2 loaf pans, 9x5x3 inches.
- Another option is to trace the bottom of a loaf pan on parchement paper, cut out and place at the bottom of the loaf pan.
- When baking is complete, the bread will come clean from the pan and the parchement paper can be peeled off the bottom and discarded.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until incorporated, set aside.
- Mix sugar and margarine in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs.
- Add bananas, milk, vanilla extract and banana extract and stir until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture, scrape sides of the bowl until moistened.
- Stir in nuts (optional).
- Bake loaves about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then, remove from the pans.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Bread can be stored tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to a week or can be frozen using freezer bags.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »