- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 3/4cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/2cupsugar(I use 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Splenda.)
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1cuplow-fat buttermilk
- 1cup mashed ripebananas
- 2tablespoonscanola oil
- 1/2cup choppedwalnuts(I use pecans)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 regular muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In seperate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mashed banana, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with nuts.
- Bake until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- These muffins freeze well and can be warmed in microwave.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »