- 12smallred potatoes(about the size of a golf ball)
- 8small wholeonions(same size or smaller than potatoes)
- 4tablespoonsbalsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoonfresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash potatoes, remove any blemishes, but do not peel.
- Clean and peel onions, but leave whole.
- Place potatoes and onions in a deep baking dish that has a lid.
- Sprinkle vinegar over potatoes and onions.
- Dot butter around the top.
- Sprinkle thryme leaves and salt and pepper evenly over everything.
- Place lid on dish (seal with foil if no lid), and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours (yes, 2 hours is correct), stirring gently every 1/2 hour.
- Turn down heat if the glaze starts to burn.
- The butter and vinegar will have reduced to a thick glaze that coats the vegetables.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »