- 4boneless chicken breasts
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1largered onion, cut in half lengthwise,sliced thinly
- 1cupchicken broth
- 2tablespoonsbalsamic vinegar
- Mix flour and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper on a plate.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Shake off excess.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet and saute 1 to 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, 7 minutes or until onions are soft and sauce is syrupy.
- If the onion isn’t soft after cooking 7 minutes, add a little more broth and continue cooking until it is.
- To serve: Place chicken on serving plates and spoon on onions and sauce.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »