- 8teaspoonsbaking powder
- 2large beateneggs
- 1 1/2cupsmilk
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Stir in salt and sugar.
- Cut in the Crisco until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Stir together eggs and milk.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and stir in the milk mixture with a fork.
- Stir just to moisten, then turn out onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead about 15 times, then pat lightly into a circle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- (The secret to light and fluffy biscuits is to handle the dough as little as possible) With a sharp round cutter, cut out rounds, without twisting the cutter.
- Just give it a sharp tap, then lift straight up (twisting the cutter causes the biscuits to slope over when they are baking) place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »