- 2/3cuplight brown sugar, packed
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground ginger
- 1/2cup coldunsalted butter, diced
- 4braeburn applesor fuji apples
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with cold butter.
- Mix with hands until mixture forms small clumps and appears sandy.
- Cut a small layer off the bottom of the apples to create a level surface.
- Cut a cone out of the top of the apple, removing about an inch of the core and discard the top (this is similar to cutting the top of a pumpkin).
- With a melon baller, remove the remaing core and seeds but do not puncture the base.
- Place the apples in a pie dish, making sure the apples do not touch.
- Fill each apple with a teaspoon of honey.
- Spoon in oat mixture, packing lightly until overflowing slightly.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees on the middle or top rack for 40 minutes or until a knife can stick in the side of the apple with little effort.
- Let stand ten minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »