- 4medium hot bakedpotatoes(Idahoes or russets are good)
- 3ouncesbrie cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4tablespoonsbutter or margarine, room temperature
- 1egg yolk
- 1tablespoon mincedchives or green onion tops, to taste
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- ground nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Slice 1/2 inch lengthwise off each potato.
- Taking care not to pierce the skin, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- In a medium size bowl, mash the potato flesh until smooth.
- Add the Brie, butter, egg yolk, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg,if desired; mix well.
- Stuff each potato shell with the mixture, mounding it in the center; transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- *At this point the potatoes can be stored.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, for up to 24 hours.
- Bake the potatoes, uncovered, until the cheese has melted and the stuffing is heated through-12 to 15 minutes.
- Run under the broiler, five inches from the flame, until lightly browned- 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish with steak, roasts, poultry, or broiled fish, or as a light luncheon dish, with a nice salad.
- Serves 4 as an entree, 8 as a side dish.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »