- 3 1/2tablespoonsflour
- 3/4lbrotelle pasta
- 1tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 14ouncesextra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated coarse
- 1/2cup freshly-gratedparmesan cheese
- 1cup coarsefresh breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F and butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and stir in flour and paprika; cook roux, whisking, 3-4 minutes; take off heat and whisk in milk, cream and salt; put back onto heat and bring sauce to a boil, whisking, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 3-4 minutes; remove pan from heat.
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente; drain pasta, empty back into pot it was cooked in and stir together with sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 2½ cups of the grated Cheddar and the Parmesan; transfer to prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, toss remaining cheddar with bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over pasta mixture; bake mac and cheese in middle of oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and bubbling, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »