- 1clovegarlic, finely sliced
- 10ouncesvermouth(white wine also works)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove any discolored parts of the fennel, then cut the tops off and slice finely, reserving the leaves.
- I normally slice each fennel from the top to the root, into about 4 pieces, but its not that important.
- You can slice them finer and more delicately if you like.
- Literally throw all the ingredients except the reserved leaves into a baking dish.
- Rip off a piece of parchment paper, run it under cold water and scrunch it up to make it soft.
- Then place it snugly over and around the fennel, not the actual dish.
- This bakes and steams the fennel at the same time–basically making it really tasty!
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Scatter with the fennel leaves before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »