- 1cupfine sugar
- 1cupheavy cream
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract or2 teaspoonsvanilla essence
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush an 8 cup capacity oven-proof dish with melted butter.
- Whisk all ingredients, except nutmeg, together for one minute.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Place filled dish into a shallow baking dish and pour hot water into baking dish to come halfway up the side of filled dish.
- Place on oven shelf and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 160C and bake for 40 minutes or until custard is set and a sharp knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove dish from water.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.
- Temperature conversion is 180C = 350F.160C = 325F.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »