- 8slicesbacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1mediumonion, thinly sliced
- 2mediumtomatoes, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 1/3cup choppedfresh basil
- 1/2cup freshly gratedparmesan cheese
- In medium, broilerproof, nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tblsp drippings from skillet.
- Add olive oil to skillet.
- Add sliced onion and cook over medium-high heat until golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl until frothy.
- Whisk in bacon, basil and season to taste.
- Pour into skillet with vegetables.
- Cook over medium heat until bottom is just golden and top is still unset, occasionally lifting edges of frittata and tilting pan to let uncooked egg run underneath, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil frittata until top puffs and turns golden, about 3 minutes.
- Slide frittata onto platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cutting into wedges.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »