- 2cupsquick oats
- 1cupwhole wheat flour
- 1cupunbleached flour
- 3/4cupsucanator brown sugar
- 4teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground nutmeg
- 2cupslow-fat milk
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1/4cupunsweetened applesauce
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1cupdried currants (optional)
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Make well in center; add milk, eggs, applesauce, oil, and currants (if using) and stir to combine.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes, until muffins test done.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »