- 6lbs cubedpork stew meat
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2largeyellow onions
- 6clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoonsea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1tablespoonground cumin
- 4 1/2quartschicken broth
- 8 freshpoblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 4fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3lbs freshtomatillos, husks removed
- 1cupcilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a large stock pot over high heat sear the pork in the vegetable oil until browned.
- Remove the pork from the pot, reserve 3 tablespoons oil in the pan.
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper in the reserved oil until onions are tender.
- Add the cumin, then stir in pork and chicken stock.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add in poblanos, jalapenos and bell peppers.
- Puree the tomatillos and cilantro in a blender, and add them to the pot.
- Cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with Mexican/Spanish rice and refried beans.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »