- 1 1/2cupsButter Flavor Crisco, chilled or other shortening
- 1tablespoonwhite vinegar
- Cut first four ingredients together til crumbly; set aside.
- Put vinegar in 2 cup liquid measuring cup.
- Fill to 1/2 cup mark with cold water.
- Add egg and beat with fork.
- Drizzle over dry ingredients; stir with fork.
- Turn onto lightly floured board and knead approximately 5 times, til no longer”sticky”.
- Divide by 1/2-3/4 cup measure.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface, using as little flour as possible and handling as little as possible.
- Bake empty shells at 400 for 10-12 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Cooking pies on the bottom rack of the oven will help prevent overbrowning of the top and soggy crusts on the bottom.
- This dough freezes extremely well; simply flatten divided dough into a disk and put into a Ziploc bag, removing all air; thaw in fridge and roll out as directed.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »