- 1lbfresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2tablespoonsrice vinegar
- 2tablespoonssoy sauce(feel free to use low-sodium)
- 2teaspoonspeanut oilor othervegetable oil
- 3-4dropssesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4cupalmonds, lightly toasted and chopped(may use walnuts/pecans)
- 1tablespoonscallions, chopped
- Cook the asparagus in salted boiling water until tender but crisp.
- Drain, and rinse with cold running water, set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce, oils, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the asparagus in the bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the marinated asparagus with almonds and scallions before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »