- 2largeartichokes or3 mediumartichokes, split
- 3cupschicken stock
- 2tablespoons mincedshallots
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook artichokes in chicken stock with lemon slices until tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Discard lemons and removes artichokes from stock.
- Reserve stock, cool artichokes.
- Peel stems and mash with one of the artichoke bottoms.
- Dice and reserve remaining bottoms.
- Scrape pulp from leaves and combine with the mashed artichoke and reserved stock.
- Add shallots and cream.
- Simmer 5 minutes, strain, season to taste and add diced artichoke.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »