- 1 (12 ounce)jarapricot preserves
- 1/2cup finely choppedwalnutsor pecans
- 1/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- 1cupbutter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1largeegg, lightly beaaten
- siftedpowdered sugar
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating well.
- Add flour, mixing at low speed until well blended.
- Divide dough into thirds; roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, and cut with a 3-inch round cutter.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp apricot filling in center of each round.
- Combine egg and water; brush on edges.
- Fold opposite sides to center, slightly overlapping edges; pinch to seal.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »