- 16ouncespork steaks
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce)canapricot nectar
- 1-2teaspooncurry powder(depending on how strong a flavor you like)
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2cupdried apricots
- Combine apricot nectar, curry powder, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat and brown pork steaks on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- CROCKPOT OPTION:.
- Dump dried apricots into crock pot and place pork steaks over apricots.
- Pour nectar mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- STOVE TOP OPTION:.
- After meat is browned add dried apricots and nectar mixture to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until meat is tender.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »