- 3/4cupwhole wheat flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder, plus
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoonground nutmeg
- 1/8teaspoonground cloves
- 3/4cupunsweetened applesauce
- 2egg whites
- 1cupskim milk
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- In a large bowl, comine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder and spices, mixing well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add to dry mixture, mixing until all ingredients are moistened.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then mix again.
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Using 2 tablespoonfuls for each pancake, drop batter onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes when edges are dry and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Note: If the batter becomes too thick while standing, add a tablespoon or more of skim milk.
- Serve with favorite toppings.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »