- 3/4cupbutter, cut into pieces
- 2egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/4lbsgolden delicious apples, peeled,cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4cupbrown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- In a food processor blend flour, sugar and salt. Add butter through food tube using on/off turns until coarse meal forms. Drizzle egg yolks over dough and mix until dough forms using on/off turns. DO NOT FORM INTO A BALL.
- Pat 3/4 of the dough into a 8-inch round tart pan (with removable bottom) or an 8-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix apple slices with sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Turn apple mixture into crust.
- Crumble remaining crust mixture over apples.
- Place pie on baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350-degrees F and bake another 20 minutes or until top is light brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »