- 1/3cupapple cider, plus
- 2tablespoonsapple cider
- 1/3cupapple jelly
- 1 (12 lb) fresh or thawed frozenturkey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1bunchfresh sage
- 4largeapples, cored,and cut into wedges
- apples, sliced,for garnish
- In small saucepan over medium heat, stir 1/3 cup apple cider, jelly, and butter until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Rub the turkey inside and out with the 2 tablespoons apple cider and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Gently loosen the skin over the entire turkey breast by inserting fingertips between skin and flesh.
- Slide as many sage leaves as you want under the skin and place the skin back in place.
- Stuff the neck and body cavities of turkey loosely with apple wedges and some more sage leaves, making sure to reserve a few for garnish.
- Close both cavities with skewers.
- Truss the turkey and brush with cider mixture.
- Roast according to weight.
- Serve the turkey garnished with reserved sage leaves and additional apple slices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »