- 1cupbutter flavor shortening
- 1cupcrunchy peanut butter
- 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 3/4cup firmly packedbrown sugar
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1 3/4cups uncookedquick oats
- 1 1/4cupsraisins
- 1mediumgranny smith apples, finely grated,including juice
- 1/3cup finely gratedcarrots
- 1/4cupflaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine shortening, Peanut Butter and sugars in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Beat until blended.
- Stir in oats, raisins, apple, carrot and coconut.
- Drop by measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until just brown around edges.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »