For the dressing
- 4hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 2cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2cupfresh cilantro
- 4green onions, chopped
- 1/3cupolive oil
- 2teaspoonscider vinegar
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 1cupplain yogurt
For the salad
- 1 mildhatch chile, seeded and chopped
- 1largegranny smith apples, chopped
- 1cup choppedjicama, skin removed
- 2tangerinesor oranges, sectioned
- 4cupsmixed salad greens
- 1/2cuppine nutsor sesame seeds
- For the dressing, place roasted chiles, cucumbers, cilantro, green onions, olive oil, vinegar and garlic into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- In a large bowl, toss Hatch chile, apple, jicama, tangerines and salad greens.
- Add just enough dressing to coat salad and toss.
- Top with nuts or sesame seeds.
- To roast the peppers, either put them under the broiler for a few minutes, watching until they begin to char. Or toast them on a stick over a gas burner. Once they’re charred, popping them into a paper bag for a few minutes will make them easy to peel. “Cook time” listed is actually chilling time for the dressing.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »