- 2tablespoonswhite wine vinegar
- 1tablespoonred wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoonDijon mustard
- 2tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1smallshallot, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1cupwalnuts, chopped coarse
- 2largeBelgian endive
- 2granny smith apples
- 1/2cupStilton cheese, crumbled
- 2tablespoons chopped freshtarragon leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- Make vinaigrette:.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegars, mustard, and sugar.
- Add oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified.
- Stir in shallot, salt and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over moderate heat and add walnuts and sugar.
- Cook walnuts, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes, and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut endives lengthwise into julienne strips.
- Halve and core apples and cut into julienne strips.
- In a large bowl combine endives, apples, walnuts, Stilton, tarragon, and vinaigrette, tossing gently, and season with salt and white pepper.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »