- 2 3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 3/4cupdates, coarsely chopped
- 3/4cupwalnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3cupsgranulated sugar
- 1/3cupvegetable oil
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the dates, nuts, and sugar.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into 1/8″ dice, sprinkling with lemon juice as you cut them to prevent discolouration.
- Stir the flour mixture into the eggs.
- The batter will be extremely thick.
- Stir in the apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with no moist crumbs on it.
- Cool on a rack for 20 minutes and then invert.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »