- 1/2cupground almonds
- 1/2cup coldbutter
- 1/4teaspoonalmond extract
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 1/4teaspooncream of tartar
- 1/3cupbrown sugar
- 4cups thinly sliced peeledapples
- 1/3cupslivered almonds
- For crust, combine flour, ground almonds, and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add extract.
- Shape dough into a ball and place between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- Roll dough into a 10 inch circle and transfer to a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Press the dough gently around bottom and up sides of pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar,and cream of tartar until smooth.
- Add the egg and beat on low until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Add apples and stir until combined.
- Spoon apples over filling and sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen and cool for another hour.
- Refrigerate overnight, then remove sides of pan.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »