- 1 1/2teaspoonslemon juice
- 4 1/2cups sliced peeledapples
Sweet Biscuit Crust
- 1 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1 1/2tablespoonssugar
- 1/4cupfat-free half-and-half
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For easier cleanup, spray a 2-quart dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add water, stirring constantly.
- While continuing to stir, bring to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, butter and apples.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- To prepare the biscuit crust, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the milk and egg, add to dry ingredients, stiring with a fork until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board and knead 7 times.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter.
- Pour the cooked apple mixture into prepared dish, top with biscuits and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »