- 3tablespoonsseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoonspeanut oil
- 2largeAsian pears, cored and slivered
- 2mediumcarrots, peeled and slivered
- 3inchesgingerroot, peeled and slivered
- 2shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3cup finely choppedfresh mint
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped toastedpeanuts, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar and peanut oil.
- Add the pears, carrots, ginger, and shallots; mix gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The salad can be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 3 hours.
- Just before serving add the mint and mix gently.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the peanuts.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »