- 1lbground chuck
- 1/2smallsweet onion, finely chopped
- 5tablespoonslight brown sugar, plus
- 1teaspoonlight brown sugar
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspooncajun seasoning
- 1tablespoonA-1 Steak Sauce
- 1/8teaspoonground sage
- 1/4cupItalian breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce)can Hunt’stomato sauce
- 1/2cupapple butter
- 1tablespoonworcestershire sauce
- 4kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, brown sugar, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, steak sauce, ground sage, and Italian breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- For sauce combine tomato sauce, apple butter, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Grill or broil burgers for 4 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness, brushing with sauce during grilling and after flipping.
- Heat any remaining sauce just until bubbly, serve with burgers on toasted Kaiser rolls.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »