- pastry for double-crust pie(I use Pillsbury pie crusts sold in the dairy section)
- 3apples for pies, peeled,cored and sliced,16 slices per apple
- 1-1 1/2cupsugar(may need up to 1 1/2 cups if you want a sweeter pie)
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Roll out two 11-inch roundsand fit one round into 9-inch pie dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients (cranberries- nutmeg) in a bowl.
- Spoon filling into pie dish.
- Cover with second crust and seal and crimp edges. Make slits in top crust. (I always place pies on a baking sheet).
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F.
- Bake another 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »