- 4mediumzucchini, halved lengthwise,seeds removed,and sliced into 1/4 inch crescents
- 5tablespoonsolive oil
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoonfennel seeds
- 1/4teaspoonpowdered saffron
- 3medium ripetomatoes, seeded and chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1lbangel hair pasta(capellini)
- parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes; add saffron and fennel seeds and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add zucchini slices and stir to coat thoroughly; cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stir together and cook for another 5 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, cook angel hair according to package directions: it should only take about 2 minutes.
- I like to add a little saffron to the pasta water for color and a little extra flavor, but just a pinch.
- Drain pasta and add to zucchini mixture in the skillet; stir together briefly and serve with a few snips of oregano and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »