- 1 (18 1/4 ounce)packagewhite cake mix
- 1 1/4cupswater
- 4egg whites
- 8egg yolks
- 2tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 2cups choppedwalnuts
- 2cups choppedpecans
- 2 1/2cupsraisins
- 1 (14 ounce)packageshredded coconutor flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray bottom of 2 8 inch round baking pans.
- Combine cake mix, water and egg whites.
- Mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 32-36 minutes.
- Cool in pans on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- In a double boiler combine egg yolks, flour 2 cups sugar and butter.
- Cook over low heat until thick.
- I used a large bowl and cooked it in the microwave on 50% until thickened.
- Add walnuts, pecans, raisins and coconut.
- Mix well.
- Spread filling between cooled layers and on side of cake.
- Frost top with any white frosting.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »