- 1 1/2cupsunbleached all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1cupwheat germ
- 1/2cupplain soy milkor vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 1/2cupfresh orange juice
- 1/2cupalmond oilor corn oil
- 1orange, zest of
- 1cupslivered almonds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a 12-muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in 3/4 cup wheat germ, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, juice, sugar and oil.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and stir lightly until liquid is absorbed; batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in orange zest and 3/4 cup almonds.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and sprinkle tops with remaining almonds and wheat germ.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »