- 7ouncesblanched almondsor whole almondsor slivered almonds
- 1 1/2cupsgranulated sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoonsalmond extract
- 3-4largeegg whites
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the almonds and sugar.
- Process until the almonds are very fine and the mixture is begining to pack together around the sides of the bowl, at least 3 minutes.
- Add the almond extract.
- With the processor on, gradually add only enough of the egg white to form a ball of dough around the blade.
- With the processor still running, add only enough of the additional egg white so that the dough has the consistency of very thick, sticky mashed potatoes and no longer forms a ball.
- Form the cookies by either piping them or dropping them by spoonfuls onto parchment lined sheet pans.
- Use a finger or pastry brush dipped in water to smooth the tops, then allow to rest at room temp for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies barely begin to color.
- Rotate the pans from front to back and top to bottom about halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
- Slide the parchment onto racks and cool the cookies completely before detaching them from the parchment.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »