- 8ounces dryadzuki beans
- 1largeonion, finely chopped
- 4stalkscelery, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoonsfresh herbs, finely chopped(rosemary, oregano, parsley, chives, basil, or a combination of your choice)
- 1bay leaf
- 1clovegarlic, finely minced
- 1teaspoonground allspice
- 3teaspoonswhite pepper
- Wash the adzuki beans well in several changes of water, then drain.
- In a large pot, bring the 6 cups water to a boil.
- Add all ingredients and boil rapidly for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- You may puree fully or partially for a smoother soup, but I prefer it just as it is.
- Serve with slices of GOOD bread!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »