- 1/2lblasagna noodles
- 1lblean ground beef
- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 3lbstomatoes, peeled seeded,chopped or canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2teaspoonsseasoning salt
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh basil
- 1/4teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- 1cupchicken broth
- 1chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 1/2lbricotta cheese
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1 1/2cups gratedparmesan cheese
- 4ouncesmozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4ouncesteleme cheese
- Cook lasagne noodles in boiling salted water until”al dente”, still firm to the bite.
- Drain and keep them in cold water until ready to use.
- Saute ground beef, onion, and garlic in olive oil until meat is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook at a fast simmer until sauce is quite thick (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- For Bechamel, melt butter, add flour and cook, stirring with a whisk, for one minute.
- Slowly add milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil, still using the whisk.
- Taste and add chicken bouillon cube if needed.
- Add salt.
- For Ricotta filling, beat egg in a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring well with a fork.
- IN the following order, layer in a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish; a little meat sauce, half of the noodles, half of the remaining met sauce, 1/2 cup BEchamel, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella, teleme, and ricotta filling; the remaining noodles and meat sauce, 1/2 cup Bechamel, 1/2 cup Parmesan, the remaining Mozzarella, teleme, Ricotta filling, the last of the Bechamel and Parmesan cheeses.
- Dot with butter.
- At this point the dish may be covered and refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Bake at 400*F, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- The dish freezes well.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »