- 8ouncescream cheese, softened
- 1/4cupmayonnaise or vegetarian mayonnaise(Vegenaise)
- 1/4cupsour creamor plain yogurt
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1cup mincediceberg lettuce
- 1/4cup mincedwater chestnuts(the crunch is nice)(optional)
- 3/4cup shreddedcheddar cheese
- 3/4cup shreddedmonterey jack cheese
- 8slicesbacon, cooked crisp and crumbled or vegetarian bacon
- 4roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3green onions, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto a serving plate.
- Mix together the minced lettuce with the water chestnuts (if using).
- Top the cream cheese mixture with remaining ingredients, in order: lettuce/water chestnut, the cheeses, cooked and crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes, and green onions.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with bread rounds or pita chips for dipping.
- Note: you can also mix the water chestnuts into the cream cheese mixture instead of into the lettuce, if you prefer.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »